Referrals to the service come through Tulsa and the Courts.
Families who meet the criteria will be invited to visit the Organisation to meet staff and get an overview of the service. If they wish to progress the referral, they are given an application pack. On receipt of the completed pack, the admissions committee will meet to decide if the family are suitable for the service.
Criteria for Hawthorn
How to refer
- Contact Hawthorn to discuss the family’s needs
- Complete a referral Form
- All referrals should be accompanied by a clear letter of instruction from the social worker stating clearly what aspects of parenting they wish to have assessed.
What happens next?
- Hawthorn will make a decision regarding suitability
- A family visit is arranged
- Funding is agreed for the placement
- A Pre-placement meeting is held
- Family receive the parent's handbook
- All parties agree to the level of monitoring
This assessment plan will be reviewed regularly throughout the assessment. This will be agreed at the admission planning meeting.
Assessment Closure Report
Following the completion of the assessment, a comprehensive report is compiled, which gives recommendations to inform future care planning and support services where appropriate.